Sr. Mechanical Designer
KBR is seeking a Sr. Mechanical Designer with experience on various space flight programs at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
Years of experience:
- The ideal candidate will have relevant experience using CAD software for formulating designs and drawings for space flight hardware/mechanical ground support equipment
- Evaluating and facilitating design trade studies
- Tracking mass properties with CAD
- Creating and laying out test setups for flight environments (vibro-acoustic, EMI, cryogenic, etc.)
- The candidate should possess strong ability to work with a team of other designers, structural and thermal analysts and project engineers/managers to complete work in a timely manner
- Experience with PTC/Creo and Windchill PDM software is preferable as is experience at GSFC or other NASA centers
- Working knowledge of drawing standard ANSI/ASME Y.14.5M is mandatory.
Bachelor's degree in a related technical field is desired but years of experience in the field would be considered in lieu of degree. Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Posting ID: 554948212Posted: 2020-05-21