Senior Mechanical Designer Technician
This position will support the SSIEP-2 contract at NRL as a senior mechanical designer. The position will provide senior mechanical design experience for the development of flight and non-flight instruments, specifically coronagraphs and associated mechanical ground support equipment required for the H/W development process. Responsibilities may include conceptual thinking, designing and developing plans, processes, procedures, and documentation preparation for complex mechanical systems. Performs geometrical layout studies, sizing calculations, and generates lay-out and detailed mechanical piece-part and assembly drawings representing designs that satisfy all requirements. Utilizes CAD software (Pro/ENGINEER/CREO) and works with Engineers and Analysts to translate concepts, constraints, and other requirements into physical concepts and drawings as defined by the Mechanical, Electrical, Electro - Mechanical, Mechanism, or Optical Engineers. Supports generation of assembly procedures and design review documentation to describe assembly and/or integration processes. Position Requirements:
The candidate is required to have:
Career Level: Senior (non-manager)Level of Education: AA Technical degree or Technical School Certification equivalent Years of Experience: 10 Yrs (Minimum)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in advanced CAD design and assembly using Pro/ENGINEER/CREO.
- Candidate must be able to complete advanced MGSE drawings and have advanced knowledge of Geometric Design &Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Candidate must possess professional attitude and have ability to excel in a dynamic environment with changing requirements and priorities while working on multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Previous experience must include:
- Pro/E/CREO software
- NRL or NASA & GSFC specifications and standards
- Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Posting ID: 554948296Posted: 2020-05-21