CURRENT EMPLOYEES OR STUDENTS:
If you are a current employee (faculty, staff, technical service, or student) at Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the internal application process. If you are a current student at Penn State and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process. JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
The Starbucks Barista positionat Penn State University'sPaterno Library and HUB-Robeson Centercontributes to Starbucks success by providing legendary customer service to all customers. This job creates the Starbucks Experience for our customers by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable store environment. Baristas should model and act in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
•Required Qualifications -
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills essential.
The benefits of working with Hub Retail Dining Services:
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Starbucks.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the shift team.
- Delivers legendary customer service and anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues.
- Follows Starbucks operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and organized work-space.
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance.
- Flexible work schedules
- Discounted meals
- Snack stations and shift drinks
- On campus involvement
- Leadership opportunities
- Build professional relationships
Positions are limited to 20 hours a week with aminimum of 10 hours a week. Starting pay of $10.00 per hour, with increases based on continuous employment with Retail Dining. Employment is contingent upon full-time academic enrollment for Fall 2020.
Please provide a cover letter specifying your preferred work location, Starbucks HUB or Starbucks Library. CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here.
EEO is the Law
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA