Liberty University's hiring practices andEEOStatement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the "religion" component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.
Summer Facilities Temp
Does this position require driving?
Contact Phone Ext
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Housing Facilities Summer Aid, managed by the Associate Director of Facilities, supports the Office of Residence Life in fulfilling their summer objectives. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, moving residence hall furniture; ensuring an accurate furniture configuration of all rooms; conducting pre and post inspections of the residence halls for summer conferences; entering work orders as needed; posting informational flyers in residence halls; inspecting furniture to meet Housing and safety standards; overseeing furniture installations; conducting Fall Readiness inspections at the end of the summer to ensure a quality living experience. Shift flexibility is necessary and scheduling is based on conference needs. Housing Facilities Summer Aides may not have conflicting commitments prior to the first day of Fall classes that would interrupt the duties and demands of the end of summer conference season.
Successful applicants should possess the following characteristics:
- Detail-oriented and courteous
- Ability to prioritize daily job expectations
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively through personal contact, phone interaction, and e-mail
- Ability to lift/move 50 pounds and climb stairs
- Manage multiple tasks at once
- Strong organizational skills
- Work without supervision
- Present a valid driver's license
Other desirable traits:
- Remain actively employed through the entire summer season (until Fall Semester begins)
- Work in a team environment
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. Some weekends
Special Instructions for Applicants
Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter