Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
The Staff Program Manager is part of the commercial organization supporting the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) portfolio which provides high-value genomic data to assist critical decisions in research and applied markets - Quantitative PCR Sanger Sequencing Human Identification AgriGenomics. In this role you will lead Microarray and Reproductive Health related projects within the Genetic Sciences Division (GSD) of Thermo Fisher Scientific. This opportunity will reside in Santa Clara facility. How will you make an impact?
By leading collaborative cross-functional teams to define and deliver commitments: demonstrating feasibility for new technologies, commercializing new products, or improving on-market products, all using our stage-gate or iterative processes to deliver to the agreed scope, schedule, and budget, while managing execution, risks, trade-offs, expectations, and communications.What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Lead complex programs and projects, negotiate trade-offs, determine and commit to the right scope, schedule, and budget to deliver winning business results.
- Drive and track all day-to-day project work, making sure that problems are rapidly identified and resolved, applying state-of-the-art project management tools and techniques to deliver on commitments and in some instances adhere to specific regulatory requirements.
- Lead project communications and phase approval reviews, providing clear and concise written and verbal communication to all levels of the project team and stakeholders, and tailoring style to a broad range of audiences and situations.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or Life Science required; PMP certification, advanced leadership training, MS, MBA or Ph.D. preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 11+ years of life science or medical device product development and 6+ years technical project management experience required; experience with genetic analysis technologies and in-vitro diagnostics preferred.
- Fluent in English.
- Intrinsically motivated, accountable, and committed to professional development.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator; exceptional relationship builder.
- Effective at influencing and leading without direct authority.
- Ability to lead and drive complex decisions and solve problems.
- Strong product development technical and business expertise.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Posting ID: 554948456Posted: 2020-07-02