What you will do
• Under general direction, responsible for the design, configuration, and operation of complete
• building control systems including fire, security, and other low voltage control sub-systems (ie
• lighting, nurse call, data networks, etc) to meet the intent of the project requirements. Accountable to field teams for quality, timeliness and efficiency of designs. Develops complex
• software programs, commissions and troubleshoots to ensure proper operations of the building
• control system. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field installation team and subcontractors
How you will do it
• Designs and configures technically complex building control systems as defined by the
• Creates flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network
layouts and electrical schematics as required.
• Develops and tests software programs necessary to operate the system per the intent of the project requirements.
• Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and
• Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates
factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
• Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as
• Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems
with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
Provides field change information to the project team for the creation of as-built drawings and software.
• Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
• Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total building control
• Participates in release meeting with project field team. Performs value engineering to
provide cost effective results while maintaining customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with a minimum of five years' experience, or an
• Associate Degree in a related technical field with seven years of relevant work experience required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the construction or HVAC industry.
• Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, automatic temperature controls, building automation systems and other building subsystems.
• Demonstrated experience in the integration of low voltage building sub-systems using various industry protocols (i.e. LON, BACnet, Modbus, etc).
• Ability to relate technical knowledge to a non-technical audience.
• Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
• Professional Engineer license preferred
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.