What you will do
Performs assigned system engineering and commissioning using Johnson Controls engineering, configuration, and commissioning tools. Troubleshoot and resolve basic HVAC mechanical, electrical, and controls problems. Respond to basic warranty calls. How you will do it
• Generate hardware engineering of controls systems using contract documents and plans and specifications as reference.
• Generate all applicable material and room schedules.
• Ensure all parts conform to specifications.
• Order and tracks all parts as directed by project owner.
• Schedule peer reviews on all hardware engineering as directed by Engineering Leader.
• Perform Quality Assurance reviews of hardware engineering as directed by Engineering Leader.
• Generate software for controls systems using contract documents and engineer's sequences of operations as reference.
• Simulate and demonstrate controller-level software as directed by Engineering Leader.
• Generate system database using Metasys toolset (NAE PS, RAC, etc.).
• Load system-level controller software.
• Perform basic commissioning and system diagnostics from system-level controllers to end devices (i.e. sensors, actuators, etc.) and complete all required commissioning documentation.
• Keep management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
• Calibrate systems requiring basic electronic test equipment.
• Complete administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
• Document changes and provide information for as-built documentation.
• Communicate with the JCI contractor or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
• Follow all safety standards and attend required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety. What we look for
• Three years' experience in installing electronic and/or mechanical systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC systems.
• Demonstrated technical aptitude.
• Able to use hand and power tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.).
• Intermediate computer skills required with demonstrated capabilities in Microsoft Office applications.
• Attention to detail.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• Depending on location, the mounting and termination of low voltage devices may have special licensing requirements. What else you'll get
Supportive team environment as well as a competitive salary, best in class benefits package starting on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
- Overtime Status: Non-exempt