Camp Activity Leader (Science) - The Orokawa Y in Towson
600 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204, USA Req #940
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all,
for a better us.
As an Activity Leader for Y Camp, you will plan and lead curriculum based activities for campers in the specialty area of Science. You will creatively organize all specialty activities to ensure that appropriate equipment and materials are efficiently used while campers experience a high quality, fun camper experience. You'll supervise camp associates and campers and may work at multiple camps within the same area. As an Activity Leader, you'll contribute to the Y movement by providing experiences that lead to a summer of adventure and a lifetime of memories. This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being of camp age children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children parents/guardians, members and other Y associates
- Formal training and experience in the activity area, such as an instructor certificate, a certificate of proficiency, or a letter of reference from a national organization, school or certified instructor
- The knowledge, skills and ability to facilitate, teach and/or supervise Science activities
- The ability to be flexible and work at multiple locations
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Summer/Residential Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 600 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Posting ID: 555035540Posted: 2020-07-14