Camp Assistant Director - The Orokawa Y in Towson
600 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204, USA Req #899
Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Overwhelmingly, people who decide they want to be a part of the Y in Central Maryland tell us they do so because it reflects their values and a conscious decision they've made about how they choose to live their lives. The happiest and most fulfilled Y associates are those who are motivated to help others and who want to be a part of something larger than themselves.
If this speaks to your heart, then we invite you to join our team. Be a part of a charitable, mission-driven organization that works for individual and community well-being for all,
for a better us.
As an Assistant Camp Director for Y Camp, you provide day to day oversight to a portion of camp operations in partnership with the Camp Director. You will lead and supervise camp associates and campers in daily activities. You will carry out assigned projects through organization, delegation and solutions oriented decision making. You will leverage your enthusiasm in supervising, participating with and engaging campers to create a high quality, fun camper experience. As an Assistant Camp Director, you'll contribute to the Y movement by providing experiences that lead to a summer of adventure and a lifetime of memories. This work is right for you if you have:
- An interest in the well-being of camp age children, enthusiasm, patience, good humor, good judgment and a good spirit
- The ability to clearly communicate and effectively listen to children parents/guardians, members and other Y associates
- At least 1 season of prior camp experience
- At least 1 year of experience supervising others
- Reached 21 years of age or graduated high school
Thank you for considering working for the Y in Central Maryland. If being a part of our cause feels right for you, we hope you will join us. The Y provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
- Job Family Summer/Residential Camp
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- 600 W Chesapeake Ave, Towson, MD 21204, USA
Posting ID: 555035548Posted: 2020-05-22