At Paramount, we offer insurance to both large and small groups and also cater to Medicare (Paramount Elite) subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Our Medicaid product (Paramount Advantage) services those living in the state of Ohio. We maintain an accreditation by the NCQA - the National Committee for Quality Assurance - for our Ohio HMO, Elite and Advantage products. We're also part of ProMedica, which is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website http://www.paramounthealthcare.com.
The Call Center Representative (CCR) establishes the first impression to ProMedica customers. Creates and facilitates coordination of services and referrals as requested by physicians, hospitals, and other health care professionals or entities to provide quality care to patients. The Call Center Representative also serves as a liaison in coordinating communication of patient status and treatment to referrals received from the region and locally.
- Manages multi-line phone system and serves as customer service representative and community/medical liaison by responding to requests from the region and local community for health information, physician referral and consultation services, event/class registration, assisting with insurance questions and other referrals to meet customer needs.
- Answers calls for the After Hours service 100+ practices and increasing monthly, including obtaining pertinent and accurate information, directing calls to the registered nurse as appropriate and paging physicians as needed.
- Handles calls from all other services offered in the Call Center: Employee health Ouch Line, ProMedica Home Health, Palliative medicine, Paramount Advantage, Pharmacy Counter, and other services.
- Identifies potential emergency situations and transfers call to a registered nurse immediately based on the customer need.
- Handles calls for various institutes within ProMedica.
- Handles high volume of calls for appointment and physician referrals for both PPG and HealthGrades.
- Class registration and information for ProMedica Cancer institute.
- Proficient in the use of all software programs in meeting customer needs through data collection and referral management.
- Assists with maintaining and updating data base of physician and service profile information on an annual basis and as needed.
- Maintains and verifies current physician call schedule with all necessary information to facilitate timely and effective consultation for regional referral and after hours answering service.
- Other duties as assigned.
ProMedica is a mission-based, not-for-profit integrated healthcare organization headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. It serves communities in 30 states. The organization offers acute and ambulatory care, an insurance company with a dental plan, and post-acute and academic business lines. The organization has more than 70,000 employees, 13 hospitals, 2,700 physicians and advanced practice providers with privileges, 900+ healthcare providers employed by ProMedica Physicians, a health plan, and 450 assisted living facilities, skilled nursing and rehabilitation centers, memory care communities, outpatient rehabilitation clinics, and hospice and home health care agencies. Driven by its Mission to improve your health and well-being, ProMedica has been nationally recognized for its advocacy programs and efforts to address social determinants of health.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one to two years of clerical experience in a physician's office or related health care setting is preferred.
- One to two years experience in telephone sales or telephone-based customer service preferred.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with callers, physicians and offices.
- Experience using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office programs required.
- Demonstrated typing competency (minimum of 40 wpm).
- Must possess good organizational and priority setting skills and exercise independent judgment with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details
This position will work 11:30a-8:00p 5 days per pay and every other weekend and holiday rotation.
Posting ID: 555036226Posted: 2020-06-26