SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
SCHEDULE: Full-time See why our employeeslove working at Chippenham Hospital
Come join us at Chippenham Hospital!
We are a 466-bed acute care Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility located on the Southside of Richmond. We are a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater.
The Joint Commission awarded Chippenham Hospital
the Gold Seal of Approval and named us a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for advanced primary stroke, heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, perinatal care, hip and knee replacement and surgical care. We are also a Certified Chest Pain Center and a provisional Level I Trauma Center, which means we provide fast, skilled care in life's most difficult moments.
Do want to join a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver award-winning care? Chippenham Hospital
is looking for a dynamic, outgoing and experienced Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT I) to join our close-knit Respiratory Therapy family.Are youa patient centric professional who embodies HCA's mission to commit to the care and improvement of human life? Do you haveat least one yearof critical care experience? If you are a proactive, goal oriented team player with the ability to work independently the Registered Respiratory Therapist position is perfect for you.
Theduties andresponsibilities of the Registered Respiratory Therapist include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain NBRC credentials for Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Ensures safe and appropriate oxygen administrations through the Oxygen Therapist Driven Protocol.
- Performs non-invasive SpO2 monitoring through pulse oximetry via overnight studies, exercise, continuous and spot checks.
- Administers all therapy modalities to Adults patients per physician orders.
- Performs VEST therapy.
- Performs regular equipment rounds, cleaning and set up
- Sets up and operates CPAP/Bi-Level therapy.
- Performs arterial/capillary puncture and blood gas analysis while adhering to established blood gas quality control protocol
- Performs trouble-shooting and maintenance of Blood Gas Machine as a Super User.
- Responds and participates in all code blue situations.
- Sets up and monitors NIPPV (non-invasive positive pressure ventilation) through both Bi-Level and Volume ventilation.
- Initiates, operates and monitors Adult mechanical ventilators.
- Assists in bedside therapeutic bronchoscopies.
- Performs diagnostic bronchoscopies.
- Initiates, operates and monitors both Heliox and Nitric Oxide therapy.
- Precepts new employees or staff members entering into a new area of training.
- Performs bedside spirometry.
- Performs Diagnostic Pulmonary Function studies.
- Performs Metabolic testing for spontaneously breathing and artificially ventilated patients.
- Performs intubations as needed as a member of the Code Blue team.
We value you and your future. HCA is proud to offer great leadership, a nurturing environment, many opportunities for growth and development, competitive pay and greatfull-time/part-timebenefits including multiple health insurance plan options, comprehensive dental coverage, tuition reimbursement and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs.In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA also receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately so apply today! About HCA:
HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is made up of locally managed facilities that include186 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. HCA is ranked number 63 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently recognized for being one of the "Worlds Most Admired Companies" and "World's Most Ethical Companies." QualificationsEDUCATION
Required:High School Graduate and Graduate Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) EXPERIENCE
Required:one-year critical care experience.
Preferred: one-year NICU/PICU experience. Knowledge and experience in basic floor care and mechanical ventilation, blood gas analysis, pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, capnography and oximetry equipment. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION
- Respiratory Therapist I: Virginia Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Maintain NBRC credentials for Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider.
HCA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Full Time
- Night Shift
- Weekend & Holiday requirements
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.