SHIFT: No Weekends
SCHEDULE: Full-time Capital Regional Medical Center
is a fully-accredited healthcare facility with more than 1,100 employees and 500 physicians. A 266-bed, acute-care hospital that offers 24/7 Emergency Services in Leon and Gadsden Counties including a Pediatric ER and an Express Care ER. We also offer a Bariatric Center, Behavioral Health Center, Cancer Center, Chest Pain Center w/PCI, Comprehensive Breast Center, Family Center, Heart & Vascular Center, Orthopedic/Spine Center, Physical Therapy Services, Stroke Center, Surgical Services, Wound Healing Center, Network-of-Care Affiliated Physician Practices, and more. Position Summary:
Provide leadership for planning, management, implementation, integration and coordination of the Quality Department and Medical Staff Services in support of facility goals dedicated to excellence, effective leadership, and financial stability. The Quality Department includes Infection Control, Joint Commission, CMS compliance, Core Measure Abstraction, and Medical Staff peer review and quality oversight, as well as facility wide performance improvement and quality oversight. The VP of Quality & Compliance supports the delivery of the high quality, cost effective patient care through activities based on facility strategic goals and objectives. Essential Functions:
- Directs development of specific short and long-range programs and project plans to obtain the facility objectives.
- Responsible for the planning and coordination of the Quality Department and Medical Staff Office functions, the operational efficiency and effectiveness as well as major impact on all other hospital areas. Participates and facilitates Performance Improvement activities using CRMS's process improvement methodology - PDSA.
- Effectively interviews and selects a qualified number of personnel as required to meet department objectives. Ensures hiring practices conform to appropriate Affirmative Action/EEO practices and regulations.
- Provides direction to the staff of the Quality department and Medical Staff Office. Reviews performance of the department's staff and approves staff evaluations. Responsible for appropriate disciplinary action of staff members as needed.
- Oversees the prioritization of projects and directs resources to ensure the attainment of facility goals.
- Responsible for ensuring the department meets and adheres to all applicable federal, state, Joint Commission and local regulatory agency requirements and for ensuring the department and facilities success in any regulatory survey. Coordinates training and process for Survey readiness including tracers, identification of deficiencies and oversight of action plans for improvement.
- Participates on various committees and other task forces as may be established by management to plan, organize and drive the facility.
- Directs and/or participates in regular discussions and reviews on a variety of diverse/complex issues including financial and administrative matters, which have hospital-wide impact.
- Responsible for making decisions required to maintain acceptable operations based on strategic goals and policies. Displays ingenuity and foresight in determining the most appropriate solution in the absence of established guidelines.
- Confers with other department directors when necessary to resolve procedural difficulties, clarifying department responsibilities, objectives and resolving identified problems.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned by the Administrative Management Team. Meets all objectives as set forth in individual evaluation and displays a good work attitude towards job responsibilities.
- Adheres to hospital/departmental attendance policy, work hours and maintenance of personal appearance as stated in facility policy.
- Ensures sound hand hygiene is fostered by education, measurement and intervention, to ensure improved outcomes related to the spread of infections by poor hand hygiene.
- Ensures risk reductions occur for hospital acquired adverse ventilator events by working with the organization's Risk Management Staff, Infection Control Practitioner, Critical Care leadership and Respiratory Care leadership to foster improvement in ventilator care by education, measurement and intervention as findings indicate
- 3-5 years of Quality Management experience is required
- Health Care regulatory survey preparation and standards compliance is required
- 3-5 years Healthcare clinical experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in either Nursing, a Business related field or a Health Care related field is required
- Master's Degree in either Nursing, a Business related field or a Health Care related field is preferred
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Current FL RN license required or appropriate compact licensure. If compact license held, active FL RN license required within 90 days of hire
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) certification is required
You are worth more than a paycheck. Our Benefits Raise the Bar:
- Proven administrative ability for the direction, control and planning activities of a hospital based department.
- Capable of analyzing and preparing complex records and reports.
- Ability to remain calm, to think and act quickly and logically in a crisis situation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Requires team player, positive, can-do winning attitude.
- Excellent spreadsheet and database computer skills
- 401(k) with an employer match up to 9%
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer / EOE Notice
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clickinghere.For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Posting ID: 555036393Posted: 2020-06-12