Located near the scenic Colville National Forest in Northeast Washington, Prestige Care and Rehabilitation - Pinewood Terrace is a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center dedicated to helping residents achieve independence and to live comfortably.
Prestige Care is about people helping people, and is rooted in a philosophy of caring based on our core values - respect, integrity, commitment, and trust - that are at the center of all we do. Our mission is to provide quality care, guided by a compassionate heart and our promise is to personally touch lives every day. At Prestige we offer a dynamic and collaborative environment where you will not only make a difference in the lives of others every day; you have the opportunity to grow professionally, learn new skills and advance your career.
Build Your Healthcare Career with Prestige Care
Prestige Care is a family-owned and operated industry leader in the skilled nursing, assisted living, and rehabilitation space. As a Prestige Care team member, you are more than just an "employee," you are part of our family. With a company focus on career development and advancement, there are many opportunities for advancement at our over 80 communities and care centers in 8 Western states. The healthcare career opportunities are endless and we look forward to collaborating with you to achieve your professional goals. Check out the career path that you can take with Prestige Care below: We also offer a full benefits suite to eligible employees that includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision coverage
Employer paid group life and AD&D insruance
401(k) plan with company match
Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Commitment to career development and continuing education
Scholarship/ tuition reimbursement
Employee discounts: cell service, theme parks, and so much more!
*Benefits may vary by location
The Senior Resident Care Manager coordinates the daily nursing activities and care as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with accepted standards of nurse practice and regulations and promotes a positive physical and psychosocial environment for the residents. In addition to supporting their own community, the Senior Resident Care Manager will provide assistance to assigned center(s), other Resident Care Managers (RCM) and support company-wide initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Senior Resident Care Manager plans and directs ongoing care in collaboration with the physician, Director of Nursing Services, clinical team members, social services, physical therapy, the resident and the resident's family by tailoring care to meet individual needs of the resident.
- Monitors work assignments, provides coaching, training and feedback, and assists in daily management of clinical team members including licensed nurses and CNAs. Escalates pertinent information to Director of Nursing Services timely.
- Assists with new admissions, transfers, discharges and oversees ongoing resident care ensuring documentation is current, signed, and the recordkeeping meets the policies and procedures.
- Completes MDS, observations and forms as scheduled for each resident.
- Conducts resident care conferences and develops interdisciplinary plan of care for each resident.
- Observes, audits and reviews each resident's condition, status, and care requirements and takes appropriate action to assure care needs are met.
- Develops nursing care plans for each resident that meets the individual needs of the resident and the physician recommendations. Reports changes in condition of residents that requires nursing intervention notifying the physician, Director of Nursing Services, and family. Documents all pertinent information in the interdisciplinary notes and on the 24-hour report timely and accurately.
- Transcribes and carries out or delegates physician orders in accordance with the nurse practice act.
- Assists in the investigation of resident incidents and abuse allegations ensuring timely reporting and follow up.
- Partners with Director of Nursing Services to maintain compliance with applicable federal, state and local standards and regulations and completes quality care and compliance audits.
- Assists in the management of the Infection Control Program and Antibiotic Stewardship including acting as an Infection Preventionists (as required) and completing specialized training in infection control. Provides training to staff on infection control practices, investigates and reports incidents of infection and tracks infection data.
- Participates in leadership team by actively contributing in decision making, grievance follow up, building and company-wide initiatives and attending leadership team meetings such as stand up, MACC, NAR, UR, QAPI and other meetings as required.
- Participates in the manager on duty and clinical on-call rotation as assigned; including weekend on-call duties and covering clinical shifts as necessary to ensure resident care needs are met.
- Attends and participates in continuing education programs keeping CEUs up to date and attends and participates in training, in-services, and staff meetings.
- Provides support to assigned center(s) by assisting with survey preparation, plan of corrections, audits and collaborating on work plans.
- Assists with the onboarding and development of assigned RCM through coaching, mentorship and training. Provides on-call support to assigned RCM by answering questions and providing guidance.
- Collaborates with central support leadership and regional teams by reporting on assigned centers and RCM, problem-solving challenging situations and championing company-wide programs and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The Senior Resident Care Manager-RN must have a current, unencumbered RN license. Minimum of 2 year working in geriatric nursing, including experience with medication administration, delivery systems and pharmacies. One year in supervisory/management position, with experience with budgets, staff development, training and scheduling preferred. Ability to creatively problem solve in both resident care and employee management situations. Must be a team player, well organized, and flexible.
- The Senior Resident Care Manager-RN must have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing or Associate Degree in Nursing.