The 1st Shift Manager is responsible for supporting the General Manager in overseeing the operations and sales of a high volume convenience store retail outlet. This individual works with store management to provide associates with necessary supervision and leadership on designated shifts. The 1st Shift Manager also works to drive profitability, develop people, and maintain the highest level of guest service.
Job Requirements ResponsibilitiesClean, Safe, Fast & Full
- Supervises and monitors adherence to all safety-related regulations, including food safety regulations.
- Participates in daily store operational activities as needed:
- Rings up guests on a cash register
- Ensures the store is clean and well maintained
- Stocks shelves and coolers and takes inventory on shelf items.
- Has the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to repeatedly bend, stand, and reach while on the job, with no or infrequent breaks.
- Greets and interacts with new and regular guests in a genuine manner and suggests products that compliment purchase to enhance the guest experience.
- Manages the store operations on designated shifts.
- Maintains inventory in a neat and organized manner.
- Provides prompt, efficient and courteous service.
- Fosters positive and professional relationships with co-workers and guests, communicates respectfully, and maintains a consistent team-oriented attitude.
- Addresses any employee and guest concerns on designated shifts.
- Sets a leading example of RaceTrac's Core Values, Leadership Qualities and the RaceTrac Way to entire team.
- Oversees, coaches, trains and develops store team members.
- Directs, plans and apportions the work of store team members on designated shifts.
- 2-3 years work experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Previous experience working in high-volume, guest-focused, transactional environment preferred
- Previous experience working in a retail environment preferred
Posting ID: 555036976Posted: 2020-07-10