Job Description Basic Purpose:
The primary responsibility of the Immunization Nurse is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that flu shot clinics are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of administering immunization shots, following established practices and procedures. Duties and Responsibilities:
Supervision Exercised: N/AQualifications:Education/Certification:
- Administer flu immunization shots (as dictated by state regulations)
- Provide exceptional customer service at all clinics.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification (LPN, LVN, RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements. Work Experience:
At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional setting.
At least 1 year of experience administering immunization vaccines (flu shot specific).
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Proficient with administering vaccinations and manual blood pressure.
- Skills required for reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
- Excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
• Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
• Requires use of phone and PC.
• Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
• Handling stress & emotions,
• Concentrating on tasks
• Making decisions,
• Adjusting to change,
• Examining/observing details
• Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
• Position requires travel.
Posting ID: 555037519Posted: 2020-06-05