Job Description Group Lead Route Svc Rep- Horsham, Pennsylvania - TUESDAY THRU SATURDAY Noon-8:30PMSummary:
The Route Service Rep Group Lead is the face/voice of Quest Diagnostics to the RSR, Sp. RSR, Adv. RSR-Float, Adv. RSR-Trainer, our customers and acts as an Ambassador for the company in everything he/she does. Everyday Excellence is a critical component in fulfilling this position requirement. This position performs day to day hub operation activities by serving staff and leadership needs with regard to patient specimens, client and any others tasks deemed necessary to meet our customer needs.Purpose:
As a RSR Group Lead, you will assist the department supervisor and manager in creating a culture of process improvement and empowerment to achieve operational excellence. You will evaluate and make recommendations for process improvement ideas/suggestions and inspire the Logistics staff through engagement and recognition.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides supervisor support which may include: Scheduling, Employee Training and Development, External Customer Relations. May be called upon to assist with or cover duties typically performed by Supervisors.
- Consistently demonstrates Everyday Excellence and Quest Values - Quality, Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, Collaboration, and Leadership, in all duties.
- Directs the day to day activities of a core group of RSRs.
- Works with RSRs to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Promotes a culture of process improvement thinking and recognition.
- Facilitates process improvement projects.
- Coaches RSR staff to successfully perform their daily duties.
- Inspires RSR staff to improve productivity through consistent engagement.
- Acts as a Change Agent for new ideas and processes.
- Demonstrates behaviors as a positive role model for RSR staff.
- Assists in training, when needed.
- Provides weekly updates to supervisor on process improvement projects and opportunities.
- Provides input, and at times, leads daily huddles.
- Provides input to supervisor for performance review.
- Provides input to supervisor for disciplinary actions.
- Communicates all unresolved problems immediately to the appropriate Manager, Supervisor, for resolution.
- Reads, understands and complies with departmental policies, protocols and procedures: (i.e. Procedure Manuals, Safety Manual, Compliance Manual, Automobile policies and procedures, Employee Handbook, Quality Assurance Manual).
- Adhere to departmental and company code of grooming and dress code policies, appearing neat and clean at all times.
- Reports on time to work, following attendance guidelines.
- Communicates appropriately with coworkers.
- Problem solving skills
- Performs route audits
- Responsible for compliance with all processes including and not limited to: timekeeping, attendance and punctuality, vehicle safety and cleanliness, safety and OSHA requirements, handheld /scanning device and usage, proper handling and storage of all samples from the client office to the drop off point, proper packing of specimens for shipment, end of day vehicle checks, dress code, code of conduct and all Company / Regional / Logistics policies and procedures.
- Perform all routes including Routine, STAT, Weekend, Holiday, and Shuttle/relay as needed.
- Responsible for operating company vehicle safely as well as maintaining a valid driver's license and driving record within acceptable company guidelines.
- Ensure route is started with proper equipment tools. i.e., route scanner sync/paper logs, carry bag, properly prepared coolers for 3 separate thermal storage, dry ice, Nextel/cell phone, keys, door hangers, observation reports, etc.
- Attendance and punctuality in meetings and training sessions.
- Meet all training requirements in a timely manner as assigned.
- Properly care for and maintain company equipment including scanners, telephones, vehicles etc... Communicate any deficiencies with equipment.
- Document and provide appropriate client satisfaction information to Logistics Management.
- Maintain professionalism and a service orientation with clients and RSR Staff using Everyday Excellence and the Five (5) Guiding Principles.
- Demonstrate Everyday Excellence in the Quest Behaviors; Agility, Customer Focus, Transparency, United as One Team and Performance Oriented.
- Other duties as defined by Logistics Management.
Competencies for Success:
- Everyday Excellence Behaviors
- Ethics and Values
- Customer Focus
- Personal and Interpersonal Skills
- I am Customer focused.
- Integrity and Trust
- Act with a Sense of Urgency/ Importance
- I am service driven.
- Problem Solving
- I am a professional.
- Decision Quality
- I care about quality.
- I am knowledgeable.
- Drive for Results
Demonstrates the ability to quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups; can solve problems with peers with a minimum of noise; carries a positive attitude and is seen as a team player. Is cooperative; easily gains trust and support of peers; communicates clearly and encourages collaboration. Influences those around them. Is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself. Can delegate well and is successful in developing others. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers. Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Demonstrates and models the Everyday Excellence behaviors.Qualifications:
- Education High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years in logistics or transportation experience
- Prior experience in a leadership or training capacity preferred.
- Knowledge of service area
- Valid Driver's license with a minimum of 1 year driving experience and documentation of a Motor Vehicle Record with < three moving violation convictions within the previous 36-month period.
Physical and Mental:
- Capable to perform all duties of RSR, Sp. RSR and Adv. RSR Float.
- Able to perform administrative duties, coordination, data-oriented activity and other professional duties.
- Knowledge of computer to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good customer service skills necessary
- Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
- Strategy Focus and Alignment: Gathers data to holistically diagnose problems before acting
- Focus on the Customer: Acts with the customer/patient in mind. Is dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers. Anticipates customer requests/identifies potential solutions. Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in service.
Promote Strategic Alignment:
- Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge.
Collaborate With Others:
- Consistently approaches work with a collaborative spirit and demonstrate respect for others' perspectives and ideas. Develops relationships by delivering on all commitments and displaying willingness to compromise. Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team. Creates a feeling of belonging in the team. Creates a climate in which people want to do their best.
Communicate Openly and Transparently:
- Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization. Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization. Practices active listening.
Continuously Develop Self and Others:
- Consistently transfers learning to the job through application of newly acquired skills. Takes ownership for identifying and taking advantage of learning opportunities Is a people builder
Performance Excellence and Results:
- Consistently finds new and innovative ways to solve business problems. Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and the informal network. Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers. Is open to suggestions and experimentation.
Demonstrate Agility in Decision Making:
- Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Open to change; experiments and will try anything to find solutions. Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers
Accelerate and Embrace Change:
- Makes recommendations about changes that should be made in a given situation and voices ideas and concerns. Embraces and communicates support for organizational changes.
Posting ID: 555037568Posted: 2020-06-05