At UNFI, we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's why we hire the brightest and most passionate individuals. Our goal is to keep you fulfilled, happy, and continually learning.
UNFI is seeking motivated individuals to fill our Driver careers. CDL- Class A Truck Drivers are needed for our growing company! If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today. Benefits
UNFI takes great care of our employees, so we want our benefits to work for you! Great work-life balance, pay & conditions. Drive for UNFI- the best route delivery job there is!
- Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability, and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Excellent 401(k) Plan with a generous Company match
- Profit Sharing Bonus
- Annual safety incentive programs
- Local and regional route options
- 90% of deliveries are dock stops
- 4 or 5 day dispatch cycles
- Short replacement cycles for our state-of-the-art fleet
- On-board satellite communications with paperless logs and trip reports
- Private transportation company, not for hire
Our Truck Drivers are responsible for delivering products to customers, loading and unloading the truck in a safe and timely manner according to UNFI procedures, minimizing delays and reporting problems, and picking up supplies and back-hauls from vendors. Perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. Reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery
- Operating vehicle safely within UNFI guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors
Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance:
- Must have solid understanding of receiving and shipping functions and display good time management, computer, and math skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing)
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards
- Must be at least 21 years of age
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
UNFI is a place where people can be their authentic selves and share their own diverse backgrounds, experiences, perspectives and ideas. UNFI is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contract As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.