Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.I. Job Summary
This is a highly visible finance position responsible for providing highly advanced financial support and analysis to the CFO, Finance VP, External Reporting Group, and other reporting geographical locations (Areas). Responsible for supervising staff and ensuring that the deliverables are timely, highly accurate, insightful but succinct, of high quality, that instill confidence in the group's ability to be a trusted business partner.II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Reports, analyzes, and interprets highly complex financial and operating data for the assigned area. Such reporting, analysis and interpretation may include cost analysis, market niche reporting, profitability analysis, regional geographic performance assessments, pricing analysis, cost-volume-profit analysis and any other ad-hoc analysis of interest to management.
- Monitors and analyzes highly advanced key financial performance measures.
- Provides assistance as needed in preparing budgets, forecast and financial reviews. Ensures the highest quality of the deliverables.
- Performs highly advanced financial projects on an ad hoc basis.
- Assists the corporate accounting function with matters related to the annual audit, contract audits and income tax matters, as required.
- Reviews consolidated month-end results and provides input for deviations from budget or forecast. Provides recommendations for future cost reductions or profit improvements, as well as adjustments to forecasts.
- Manages a team of individual contributors who typically support activities related to unique or one-off transactions that may have an ongoing impact on company's continued financial operations on a corporate level as well as field accounting activity.
- Responsible for hiring, setting and monitoring of annual performance plans, coaching, and career development; ensures that the proper tools are in place to support the team and the processes.
- Performs complex financial analysis from the activity supported by this group as needed.
- Exhibits a strong understanding of the business to determine the best method for achieving objectives.
- Proactively and effectively consults with other finance and accounting personnel in order to timely and most efficiently achieve company-wide goals.
- Proactively drives process improvement and embraces changes for achieve a goal of being a world class finance organization. Provides leadership during implementation of business-wide programs and products.
- Actively reviews, analyzes, and manages the key controls within the domain of responsibility to ensure compliance with legal and accounting requirements.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of 1 full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of 2-3 full-time employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of education, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) additional years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven (7) to ten (10) years of previous experience (in addition to education requirements).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Strong working knowledge of Access, Excel, Oracle, Essbase, experience using business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire. Must be a customer-focused change agent with demonstrated leadership, collaboration, communication, influencing and organization management/development skills.
- Must be a team player who can work within a matrix organization to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and build strong relationships and facilitate changes in systems and processes to support internal and external customers; has quickly evaluated a complex system and identified problems and potential solutions
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to execute and implement.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and build relationships in diverse business environment.
- Possess good financial acumen and operational expertise.
- Superior understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
- Superior analytical skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent people management skills, including managing teams across countries.
- Excellent communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."