Why Emerson? Description
The Maintenance SMT is responsible for supervising maintenance specialists in troubleshooting and repairing CNC integrated equipment. This candidate will be responsible for maintaining safety and quality of machine repairs, while maintaining the preventive maintenance program, maintenance crib, and costs within the maintenance department. The candidate will also become proficient with the CMMS Maintenance Work Order System. As a Maintenance Supervisor, YOU WILL:
- Troubleshoot and provide direction to repair CNC integrated equipment.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate corrective maintenance, project work, and preventive maintenance by managing work requests, analyzing job requirements, and determining materials, equipment, and labor needs in order to complete maintenance tasks economically and efficiently.
- Manage Maintenance Materials Crib and assist with research and ordering of non-standard or obsoleted items that are needed to repair equipment.
- Ensure that the CMMS Maintenance Work Order System files are complete and current. Show the ability to analyze downtime, PM compliance, and monitor downtime through the utilization of various metrics and methods.
Weekends, extended hours, holidays and off shifts to be worked as needed. WHO YOU ARE:
• You create teamwork allowing others across the organization to achieve shared objectives.
• You represent own interests while being attentive to others' interests as well.
• You partner with others to get work done.
• You credit others for their contributions and accomplishments.
• You achieve gained trust and support of others.Qualifications :Required Education, Experience & Skills:
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelors Degree plus one (1) year of relevant experience, or equal combination of education and experience
- Machine/Electrical repairmen Journeyman status, plus equivalent years of experience working on CNC equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills in communication with the ability to properly handle employee relation issues
- Working knowledge of PLC driven and integrated systems
- Knowledge of and experience in adhering to manufacturing safety standards
- Ability to multi-task
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Technical degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in CMMS generated preventative maintenance and reactive maintenance tracking and data collection
- Familiar with OEE and related performance metrics
- MRO and parts procurement experience
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life. Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area:
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work. About our Location:
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through our 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location. Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!. Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson. Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.