Perform the various duties required to assemble and test valves according to company requirements and standards these duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Upon completion of the training period, individual must be able to assemble and perform required tests on all types, makes and models of valves for all services i.e., water, air, steam and vacuum.
- Must be able to read and use appropriate test gages and perform required tests on applicable valves according to company standards.
- Must maintain required test records, be able to read and interpret blueprints, work orders, etc. for all required information and special testing instructions
- Visually inspects all parts and materials prior to and after testing for nicks, blemishes and defects.
- Will perform all testing using required safety guidelines including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment i.e., safety glasses with side shields, steel toed safety shoes, gloves, (apron for steam testing) and hearing protection.
- Job requires walking, standing, bending and lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Follow all established Plant Safety and Housekeeping rules and regulations.
- Perform general housekeeping as required.
The above noted duties and job requirements are not all inclusive. Employee may be assigned to other duties as required.Qualifications :
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Blueprint reading skills.
- Demonstrated above average attendance performance.
- Prior experience (1-3 years) in manufacturing/production facility preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, and have the ability to complete assigned tasks/projects with a minimum of supervision.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 555039800Posted: 2020-05-29