If you are a Control System Engineer professional looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Houston, TX location, you will combine automation system subject matter expertise with consulting skills. We are looking for candidates with a strong technical background in various PLC platforms (Rx3i/PAC8000/ 90/30 systems strongly preferred), understanding of control system design considerations, project experience, as well as technical sales support experience.
In this role, you will primarily be supporting our project team as we work with customers to plan and execute their projects including brownfield system modernization. Presenting our system migration solutions to our customers and various internal stakeholders, performing onsite opportunity assessments, consulting with our project execution teams, and designing and implementing the solution are key functions of this challenging role. AS A Control SYSTEM ENGINEER, YOU WILL: WHO YOU ARE:
You identify and seize new opportunities and partner with others to get work done. You gain insight into customer needs and rely on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment when making decisions. You persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. Qualifications :REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 8 -10 years' experience in designing and implementing PLC control system solutions.
- Experience with On-site implementation, testing and commissioning.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent degree from an accredited University or College
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work cross functionally and across businesses
- Continuous learner motivated to stay current on competitor solutions, customer needs, new technology approaches as the industry evolves
- Willingness to travel up to 40% depending on project requirements including international travel.
WHY EMERSON?Our Commitment to Our People
- Experience with PLCs (Rx3i/PAC8000/ 90/30 systems strongly preferred experience strongly preferred).
- Experience in Life Sciences, Food & Beverage Industries preferred.
- Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related fields
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of Industrial IOT, Industry 4.0 and an interest in manufacturing automation
- Ability to travel as required and to work with customers and establish appropriate solution and present these solutions to customer leadership
- Demonstrated ability to think out of the box and across separate businesses.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about ourCulture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.Work Authorization
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.