Reporting to the Director, Strategic Business Unit - Knife Gate Valves, the Program Manager will be responsible to manage various product development projects and product initiatives across a number of geographies for all product lines contained within the Knife Gate Valve product family. Through a structured project management process, the role will spearhead programs and projects across a range of project types including New Product Development, Technology Transfers, Re-branding, Supply Chain, Pricing and System solutions.AS A PROGRAM MANAGER:
- You will create a detailed work plan utilizing project management tools and standard processes to successfully meet the project goal
- You will set up all necessary project cadence meetings and dispersing discussion notes and manage stakeholder communication
- You will ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- You will create metrics tracking and visual controls
- You will develop standard processes to help guide program and process efficiency
- You will apply process and functional knowledge to aid in progressing actions forward when no one is available to do so
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 1-2 years' Project Management experience
- Ability to travel up to 15%, domestically and internationally.
- Experience in product development or other similar research and development efforts.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. Sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's of Engineering degree preferred.
- PMP qualification strongly preferred.
- Operational Excellence experience highly regarded - candidate must have a strong analytical focus
- Experience leading globally diverse teams across time zones and cultures - proven track record in managing through influence using strong people skills
- Understanding of business, marketing and product management fundamentals
- Proven strong ability to break project impasses - use analysis to simply and frame decisions for other team members
- Experience working in a matrix management environment preferred
- Industrial equipment background and/or technical skills preferred
- Experience/Exposure in working with multi-cultural engineering teams.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company's values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.