Conducts setup and operation of Computer Numerical Control (CNC) equipment, inspects machined features to maintain quality, adjusts machine and changes perishable tooling. Responsibilities
- Conducts safe and timely setup of CNC equipment using the Setup Checklist.
- Programs CNC machine using process flow sheet processing steps and tooling sequence. Edits CNC programs as required to attain optimal quality/quantity production.
- Makes machine/tooling adjustments and CNC programming changes to bring non-conforming out-put into specifications.
- Informs the Group Leader/Supervisor of any operating or material condition that would interfere with quality/quantity production.
- Performs routine operator maintenance and operational checks on all tools and equipment utilized, to include: tool sharpening, machine oiling, fluid level/air pressure checks, safety switch functioning etc.
- Performs dimensional and attribute product inspections to ensure quality product is produced including 1st Article Inspection.
- Conducts tool setup.
- Changes perishable tooling that is worn or damaged.
- Insures timely flow of parts through the machine shop by following set procedures. Makes suggestions for alternate responsibilities when application allows additional internal time.
- Meets cycle time rates established for specific part numbers.
- Reads and interprets machine shop blueprints.
- Segregates and periodically disposes of scrap material into approved collection containers.
- Operates material handling equipment when moving materials into, around, or out of the department.
- Accurately uses measurement tools such as micrometers, verniers, height gage, bore gage, and attribute style gages.
- Follows all 5S practices and supports lean activities, as well as safety regulations policies and procedures.
- Trains operators to run jobs.
- Ability to operate a CNC Machine Equipment, with at least 3-5 years' experience
- VTL (vertical turning lathe) experience.
- Machine Equipment includes Mazak Lathes, Mills and Horizontal Machine Centers
- Okuma Lathes, Doosan Puma Lathes, Mori Seiki Lathes, Hitachi Lathes
- Understands G code and or Mazatrol programming
- Performs machine editing, understands and interprets part program readouts.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, blueprints, and/or verbal work instructions.
- Ability to recognize, set up, and effectively uses general measuring instruments.
- Ability to comprehend and utilize ISO manufacturing procedures.
- Ability to perform basic computer operations and mathematical computation.
- Ability to move or transfer products with overhead crane.
- Flexibility with regard to job assignments.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds, if required
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Posting ID: 555040154Posted: 2020-07-14