Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. If you are selected to move forward, next steps may involve virtual connections and may take longer than normal. Interview timing may be delayed and will vary by site. Your patience and flexibility are appreciated.
Dump Truck or Rolloff experience with Manual Transmission preferred
$17 -$21/hr based on relevant industry experience
Are you seeking a position with local travel
? Want to work for a growing company
? Looking for great benefits and competitive pay?
Would you enjoy working in a company culture focused on teamwork, customer service and safety? If you are an experienced Class A or B CDL driver and this sounds like you, Waste Management has a great opportunity for you! Accepting applications for future openings. If you have manual CDL driving experience, dump truck or similar truck driving experience we want to meet you!About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks!
Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
- Pay: $17 - $21/hr Based on relevant waste industry experience
- Full benefits after 90 days!
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job. This position does involve getting in and out of the truck
10-15 times a day and has physical labor
involved. Work schedule:
Monday- Friday averaging 10-12 hour work days on average Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Experience: 1 year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial 'Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Drivers will have a combination of hands-on and virtual training
- Preferred experience driving a manual transmission
- Rolloff, dump truck and/or concrete truck driver experience a plus
- Experience driving food delivery trucks a plus
- Heavy duty equipment operator, heavy duty tow truck, equipment haulers are encouraged to apply
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Fayetteville, NC
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ pounds.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."