If you are an HVAC/R or Engineering Professional looking for a new opportunity to grow your career, our location in Sidney, OH has a new opportunity for you!
As an HVAC/R Application Engineer, you will be responsible for providing primary technical support for Emerson's HVAC/R applications. You will promote world class customer experience by providing Sales Managers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Wholesalers, Contractors and End Users with timely and accurate technical solutions for all Cold Chain products, focusing on Refrigeration. You will also work closely with Product Engineering to provide field support and training to OEMs, Wholesalers, Contractors, and End Users.
You will support both the Application Engineering and Service Engineering teams in addition to supporting the greater Cold Chain Technical Support organization. As an HVAC/R Application Engineer, you will:Customer Interaction / Troubleshooting
Labor Claim Processing
- Take Wholesaler, Contractor and OEM calls through the service hot line quickly and efficiently, answering questions related to Copeland products, trouble shooting and providing requested information in a timely manner.
- Provide Technical Support and answer escalations from Application Engineers, Service Engineers and Emerson / Copeland Sales representatives.
- Track calls and call data, review call logs and evaluate for training opportunities and possible quality concerns from the field.
- Write technical reports and application bulletins, customer training, field testing, OEM system performance data review and analysis, customer manufacturing line audits and field support.
Training and development
- Track, process and archive labor claims, Single Phase Burn sales concessions, credit request and charge back letters and monitor trends in cost of quality.
- Process Inspection Reports
- Generate Special Inspection Request (CCR's) for customers through the wholesalers. Review and process tear down reports for customers from data supplied through the mainframe and tear down technicians.
- Follow up with Compressor, Application and Quality Engineers when a quality, manufacturing or system level concern is suspected in the field.
- Contribute to the effort of continuous improvement for all Service Engineer tools and processes.
- Learn/know Emerson's compressors and HVACR controllers.
- Develop a preliminary level of technical knowledge and awareness of all of the Emerson Cold Chain products and who are the Emerson technical experts for each.
- Provide training support and training presentations for Sales teams, Product Managers and all internal or external customers as the need arises
- Train and mentor new Application and Service Engineering team members to assist in their development.
- Participate in site visits for relationship building and troubleshooting activities.
- Develop tools and processes to improve the role and wholesaler / contractor interactions.
We offer the flexibility of a core hour work schedule. Employees can flex their start and stop times given they are working during the core hours of 9:00am - 3:00pm. Our teams work together to ensure their chosen work schedules are supporting our customers.Additional Information
Who You Are:
- Travel Information: 20-30%
You establish and maintain effective customer relationships. You understand internal and external stakeholder requirements, expectations, and needs. You step up to handle tough issues. You follow through on commitments and make sure others do the same. You make new connections and build relationships in other areas and teams. You adjust communication to fit the audience and the message. You show consistency between words and actions. You understand what you do well, and what areas still need development and mentor(s).Qualifications :Required Education, Experience & Skills
Preferred Education, Experience & Skills
- Minimum two (2) year technical degree with five (5+) years, or four (4) year technical degree with one (1+) year experience in HVAC/R or related field
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) related experience with a solid understanding of refrigerated systems including electrical and electronics.
- Familiar with the Emerson/Copeland compression product line
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Mainframe, and other business system tools.
- Legal Authorization to work in the United States, unrestricted for an unlimited period of time. Sponsorship will not be provided for this role.
- Three (3+) years related field experience in HVAC/R.
- Familiar with the full Emerson/Copeland product line including electronic controls and monitoring
- Familiar with Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs) and their setup and use in HVAC/R applications
- Three (3+) years experience with installation, Programing, and troubleshooting complex control systems.
- Experience working with serial communication interfaces and protocol, such as RS-485/Modbus or BACnet
Emerson places a high value on ensuring that employees have a good work-life balance. We provide access to a competitive benefits package, including the following: medical insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401k participation with a competitive immediate match, fitness center, tuition reimbursement, parental leave, and an online wellness rewards program. Immediate vacation and holiday leave available, including a shutdown from December 24 through New Year's Day. Employee resource groups, including a very active Diversity and Inclusion committee, ensure that the Emerson values are incorporated into everyday employee life.Why Work in the Greater Miami Valley Area
Our facility is located in Sidney, OH which is conveniently located within driving distance to several larger cities, such as Dayton, Troy, and Columbus. The area's generally low costs of living, excellent school systems, and low crime rates create a family-friendly environment. The area is home to several growing communities with restaurants, festivals, shopping, and arts scenes that make them exciting places to live and work.About our Location
The newly renovated Sidney campus has 1M square feet of manufacturing floor with an additional 120k square feet of leading-edge lab facilities. This location is the headquarters for the air conditioning and cold chain businesses. Through or 30 years of scroll compressor expertise, our air conditioning related products help bring comfort and convenience in commercial, industrial and residential spaces. The cold chain business helps ensure that food safely and efficiently travels from farm to fork. Approximately 1600 employees work in Sidney, who all support a multitude of business functions. With the blend of businesses and functions represented under this one roof, there are many opportunities for advancement within the Sidney location. Work Authorization
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire. Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.