Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Accounts Receivable SupervisorExcellent Benefits, Leadership, Company Perks, and a Solid Career Opportunity Await You!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Supervises aspects of the accounting department and coordinates the implementation of accounting controls. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervises monthly close activities. Prepares or oversees preparation of income and balance sheet statements, consolidated statements and various other accounting statements and reports.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
- Analyzes and reconciles financial information and general ledger accounts and other reports.
- Prepares and analyzes forecasts and projections.
- Provides financial support to district managers and maintenance managers.
- Trains, conducts evaluations, and manages productivity of employees.
- Approves AP invoices and P-card transactions.
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of non-supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of ____ full-time employees including: Accountants.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- General accounting, accounts payable, and/or accounts receivable knowledge may be required.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."