Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. If you are selected to move forward, next steps may involve virtual connections and may take longer than normal. Interview timing may be delayed and will vary by site. Your patience and flexibility are appreciated. CDL Residential Drivers! $16.50/hrHomer, GA CDL Drivers, Weekly Pay, Local Travel. Looking for a new career?
Seeking a position where you can do local travel
? Do you enjoy doing work not just behind the wheel? Looking for a company that values safety first
? Are you tired of doing the same thing and looking for an opportunity to grow
? If this sounds like you, Waste Management has the perfect match for you! Apply and check your email for a request to conduct your phone screen. About Waste Management
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
What We Offer You
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, Recognition and Rewards and more! And we offer weekly paychecks!
Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Automatic Side Loader Residential Drivers
- Pay: $16.50- Up to $21/hr, Pay is based on relevant waste industry experience
- Benefits at 90 days
You safely operate an automated side loader truck to perform assigned duties on residential routes. Residential Drivers operate heavy-duty trucks and are responsible for the collection of residential household waste or recyclable material. You will transport the material to a disposal, transfer or recycle facility when trucks reach legal load capacity. As the ASL driver you safely maneuver vehicle in residential environments. You will navigate high traffic and congested roadways, driveways, alleyways, and lots. Drivers may get in and out of the truckduring the day
. This is a very physical
position. As the Residential driver, you are vital to our community and they are a neighborhood staple for residents. Being on time is essential
and they are team oriented
to ensure customers are serviced. Work Schedule:
5 day work week, may include some Saturdays. Start time is 5AM. Average 45-48 hours weekly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Experience: 4-6 months previous experience preferred operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial 'Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen, physical, and background check, which will include previous employment check, criminal history and motor vehicle record review.
- Drivers will have a combination of hands on and virtual training
- Waste or garbage industry experience a plus
- Delivery, bus driver or route driver experience a plus
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- This position is physically located at the Waste Management site in Homer, GA.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."