Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. In response to COVID-19, we will be conducting our review process through creative solutions. Your patience and flexibility is appreciated as our process may involve virtual solutions and take longer than normal. Interview process and timing may be delayed and will vary by site.I. Job Summary
Roll-Off Drivers safely operates a heavy-duty truck and is responsible for preparing, loading, and transporting large mobile open top and compactor containers to disposal sites, transfer or recycle facilities and customer locations. Roll-Off Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments while on industrial routes. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job. Click on the following link to learn more about being a Waste Management driver https://youtu.be/2ED8z3LYAdYII. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Identifies and reports all containers in need of repair or replacement
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer's property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
This job has no supervisory duties.IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required
- Experience: One (1) year(s) of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last seven (7) years.
- Current or Recent experiencing driving a 9+ speed CDL Truck.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Commercial Drivers License B (CDL).
- The CDL is a requirement, therefore, an applicant must be 21 years of age.
- Hold a current Class A or B Commercial 'Drivers License with an air brake endorsement.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Acceptable driving record required.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 75 pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to 100 pounds.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."