Job Description Summary Job Description
This position will have overall responsibility for leading and directing all manufacturing sites under BD Interventional (BDI) segment's Peripheral Intervention (PI) business and its associated support functions (domestic and international). This role will report directly to the SVP BDI Operations with a reporting matrix to the PI BU President and participate on the PI Division Management Board and the BDI Operations leadership team. Primary responsibility is ensuring the on-time production of high quality products in a cost efficient fashionat all manufacturing sites under the BDI business and developing long-term strategies for optimization of manufacturing operations in concert with Division and Corporate objectives.Essential Job Functions:
Education and/ or Experience Required:
- Provide leadership and direction to the manufacturing organization. Establish and monitor annual goals and objectives. Provide ongoing feedback regarding performance against objectives.
- Represents the Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) function on divisional management board.
- Effectively networks across the BDX network to drive results.
- Assure the selection, development, and retention of high caliber talent throughout the organization. Implement succession-planning activities for all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for the development and administration of division and plant budgets.
- Sets "tone at the top" in driving a culture of quality, compliance and employee engagement.
- Assure compliance of manufacturing facilities and divisional locations to Quality/ Safety/Regulatory/EEOC and Environmental Regulations.
- Responsible for inventory objectives and accomplishment of service level goals.
- Responsible for management of Finished Goods Product planning activities against divisional objectives.
- Assure effective divisional and facility procurement practices that creates competitive advantages in the area of low-cost manufacturing, supplier based cost improvement and opportunities to have immediate access to most current technologies.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement in the areas of cost, quality, service and manufacturing best practices. Drives lean thinking/manufacturing concepts through all manufacturing and administrative functions through the continued expansion of the BD Production System.
- Participates, as necessary in due diligence activities for acquisitions of companies, product lines and new technology.
- Key member of Global Operations management staff.
- Minimum BSBA. Advanced degree strongly preferred
- Ten years direct experience in medical device manufacturing with hands-on experience in multiple disciplines. Experience managing multiple facilities preferred.
- Demonstrates strong results orientation .
- Proven track record of implementing change, driving cost improvements and increasing efficiencies.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively network and interface with all levels of the organization.
- Prior experience in a Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma environment.
- Ability to travel in excess of 50% of the time
- Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Must be able to build strong teams and a talent pipeline.
- Provides coaching and mentoring for staff and key personnel.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in the use of MS Excel and MS Word.
Work with standard office equipment, computers, and phonesWork Environment:
Primary Work LocationUSA NJ - Franklin Lakes Additional LocationsUSA AZ - Tempe Headquarters Work Shift
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Posting ID: 555041306Posted: 2020-06-26