SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
OUTGROWN YOUR OWN BACKYARD? COME PLAY IN OURS.
At Columbia, we're as passionate about the outdoors as you are. And while our gear is available worldwide, we're proud to be based in the Pacific Northwest, where natural wonders are our playground.
Every product we make and every task we undertake is inspired by the famous words of our founder Gert Boyle: "It's perfect. Now make it better." As pioneers of relentless improvement, we are constantly evolving.
We believe the outdoors is ours to protect and strive to keep our planet healthy. We believe in empowering people to experience the outdoors to the fullest.
And we believe in you.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Although we're an apparel and footwear focused company, technology is central to everything we do. Columbia Sportswear's Global Information Services (GIS) teams enable an IT infrastructure across four global brands, a global supply chain, and 500+ geographically dispersed stores. These teams support in-store, mobile, and data platforms to enhance customer interface and service in an ever-evolving industry.
It takes a lot of work to continue with our amazing products and the growth great products drive. What does our future look like? Pretty great, but it takes solid planning to make sure we are great! And that means that we have an opening on our Planning team for a solid Senior Software Developer.
This person is going to be involved in a lot of areas. From working on our Omni-Planning initiative, to developing solutions in our current planning suite, to working on projects that are planned far into the future. We need someone who wants to create innovative stuff and think outside the box when tackling challenges. This role has broad opportunities to work across lines in the company on a small team of developers in the planning group. If you want to get a chance to use your MS Azure stack, SQL and .NET skills in an awesome company, with an excellent future, apply! Let's get a look at you!
This position is involved in the planning, design, programming, implementation, documentation, and maintenance of complex business applications (software). This is a critical role in the planning organization, responsible for .NET applications in the planning space, supporting Omni Planning, supporting Logility SQL databases and building enhancements for Global Buying and Global Supply Planning.
HOWYOU'LLMAKE A DIFFERENCE
- You will provide input to the development of short and long-range plans and roadmaps. Including gathering, interpreting, and preparing data for studies, reports and recommendations.
- You will identify processes, methods, and technologies that will further Information Systems Departmental strategies related to performance, structure, access methods, and data integrity.
- You will actively be involved in developing programming estimates for tasks in hours and duration. Monitor programming progress, tracking actual results compared to estimates.
- You will have the responsibility to directly develop and test solutions following leading best practices, GIS standards and procedures to meet business needs through collaboration with business analysts and GIS partners.
- You will participate as an ongoing member of IS Standards and IS Performance committees
- Very comfortable being a team member, constantly sharing your success and learning from your teammates.
- Excited about having innovation as part of your work.
- Effective at being involved across lines and having deep reach into the company.
- A Master's degree (or an additional 3 years of experience) in Computer Science, Business Applications Programming or an equivalent field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in programming software, building and implementing solutions.
- A high proficiency in writing and reading SQL and programming in SQL.
- A high proficiency in .NET and .NET Web programming, as well as C# programming.
- Require experience with Microsoft Azure, DataBricks and Python
Columbia Sportswear Company and our portfolio of brands, including Columbia, SOREL, Mountain Hardwear and prAna, know a thing or two about adventures. After all, we've been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. Behind everything we make is an employee who's found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
At Columbia Sportswear Company (CSC), we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. CSC believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Posting ID: 555041604Posted: 2020-06-05