* To prevent loss and control shrink by performing loss prevention related activities and monitoring loss prevention related company policies and programs throughout the store.
* To deter, detect, and apprehend those individuals committing thefts or other crimes against Supervalu at store level.
* To assist in other areas related to Asset Protection as required by their Asset Protection Manager.
* To provide a safe and secure store environment for ACME's customers, associates, and vendors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitors the checkout area of the store for consumer fraud, associate dishonesty and compliance with proper cash handling and cash register policies and procedures.
* Follows up on front-end exception report transactions as directed by the Asset Prevention Manager.
* Observes customers throughout the store to monitor shrink control, safety and customer service.
* Apprehends shoplifters in accordance with state and local laws and company policy.
* Cooperates with and responds to requests by police departments, courts and other public agencies under the direction of Asset Prevention.
* Monitors the receiving area of the store and conducts delivery audits to detect vendor fraud, associate dishonesty and compliance with proper receiving policies and procedures.
* Assists management in the performance of loss prevention related inspections.
* Responds to Electronic Article Surveillance alarms. (Where applicable)
* Maintains the equipment related to loss prevention and physical security (e.g. the CCTV equipment, which is located in the ceilings and throughout the store, the electronic article surveillance equipment located at the entry/exits (Where applicable) and check stands, and the store's intrusion alarm system, Bottom of the Basket detection systems, gatekeeper Shopping cart and product diversion systems where applicable).
* Conducts store inspections/audits ensuring compliance to all policies related to shrink control and physical security. Documents all violations and advises store management and the Asset Protection Manager.
* Conducts internal and vendor investigations at the direction of the Asset Protection Manager.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Asset Protection Manager.
Safety & Food Safety
* Participates in the store's Safety Committee.
* Reports all incidents of unsafe associate conduct to store management and the Asset Protection Manager.
* Reports all unsafe conditions to store management and the Asset Protection Manager and takes immediate remedial action whenever an eminent safety hazard is present.
* Reports any deficiencies in basic food safety standards to store management and the Asset Protection Manager and takes immediate remedial action whenever freshness or quality standards are not met.
Communication and Training
* Communicates with Management on all asset prevention issues.
* Train associates on asset prevention programs or policies as directed by the Asset Protection Manager.
* Develop trust, credibility and rapport with store management and store associates.
* Develop and maintain a good working relationship with local police, other law enforcement agencies and court personnel.
* Compile, submit, and communicate routine statistical data to the Division Asset Protection office as required.
* Must be 20 years of age.
* Must have a High School education or equivalent, college degree preferred.
* Must pass a drug test.
* Subject to a criminal background check. Must not have any felony convictions or other convictions relating, in any way, to work which must be performed under this job description, including, but not limited to, sexual misconduct, inappropriate activity with a minor, theft, embezzlement, violence or other factors that might endanger Supervalu, its associates, customers, reputation, or assets.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret signs, shelf labels and date codes.
* Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
* Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in order to compile, submit, and communicate routine statistical data to the Division Loss Prevention office as required.
* Ability to cooperate and work as a part of a team.
* Ability to learn, understand and apply the information contained in company manuals, loss prevention policies and practices and apply them to store operations.
* Ability to handle confrontational situations in a professional manner and respond quickly to incidents as they occur.
* Must possess basic computer skills necessary to send and receive emails, their attachments, and access computer generated reports.
* Night and weekend work are required.
* Most work conducted in a normal retail setting containing a sales floor, departmental shops, offices, and backrooms.
* Requires frequent walking and standing.
* May be required to work outdoors when conducting an internal or external surveillance.
* May be exposed to heights, dust/and or airborne particles and limited space areas.
* May be required to travel between store locations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary by position.