As a primary contact for Safeway customers, the Pharmacy Technician provides friendly, courteous, and
helpful service. Counts and packages prescriptions, prepares billing, types labels, reorders supplies,
processes payment, excepts money and makes change and returns merchandise. Handles, moves and
puts away incoming freight. The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Pharmacy Manager.
Safeway Pharmacy Technician employees are generally responsible for completing the following job
1. Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and
within company policy.
2. Fills bottle with prescribed tablets or capsules. Prepares labels for bottles using computer.
3. Replaces stock in displays surrounding the pharmacy area.
4. Receives and stores incoming supplies.
5. Counts stock and enters data into computer to maintain inventory records.
6. Repairs and processes records of medication and equipment dispensed and enters data into
7. Cleans equipment and containers according to prescribed methods.
8. Operates electronic cash register to total customers' final bill. Receives payment for customers'
purchase and count back correct change. Bags purchased items.
9. Maintains cleanliness of the pharmacy area of the store.
10. Comply with all policies and procedures set by company.
11. Other duties as assigned.
JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or
2. Ability to interact with customers and co-workers.
3. Ability to understand and follow instructions.
4. Pharmaceutical training.
Varies depending on store location and state/county requirements.
%Inside: 100% %Outside: Rare
Temperature Extremes: N/A
Chemicals: Frequent (prescription pharmaceuticals).
MACHINES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
carts, box cutters, pens, pencils, spray bottle, rags, telephone/intercom, cash register, credit card reader,
SAFEWAY, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Posting ID: 555041684Posted: 2020-05-22