We are seeking a Machinist Craft Lead Person that will assign and supervise the day-to-day efforts of personnel including journeymen, improvers and helpers. Additional Responsibilities:
Shifts (Must be able to work a variety of shifts)
- Direct and monitor performance to accomplish goals and tasks as assigned by management.
- Assign personnel to complete job requirements while controlling overtime and ensuring material is at the job site in a timely manner.
- Report and monitor all time charges and work with departmental required tools when not supervising or directing labor.
- Assume Foreman responsibilities in his or her absence if necessary.
- Comply with BAE Systems Affirmative Action Policy.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained and are clean and safe.
- Ensure safety policies and work practices are followed.
- Conduct Safety Meetings and attend all required safety meetings.
- Accomplish written physical turnovers.
- Ensure that JAT cars are accurate and completed.
- Ensure personnel have the proper company equipment and personal tools to perform their jobs.
1st 6:00am- 2:30pm
2nd 2:30pm-10:30pm Required Skills and Education
Required education: High School/GEDExternal Applicant Requirements:
• Minimum 1+ years' experience in a shipyard at the Journeyperson level
• Must have past leadership experience or must exhibit leadership skills, including good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must understand the layout of a ship with compartment identification knowledge
• Must be able to read blueprints and read precision measurement tools (i.e: micrometers and verniers)
• Candidates may be required to travel to different BAE sites or Naval Bases
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Rapid Gate pass.
• Basic reading, writing and math skills.
• Basic Computer Skills Physical Requirements:
• Ability to work in dry dock, shop and ship board environments
• Must be able to work at heights, in confined spaces and have the ability to climb staircases and ladders of varying sizes
• Must be able to lift 35-55lbs on a daily basisAbout BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression