BAE Systems is seeking a motivated systems engineer to join our team of diverse Global Positioning System (GPS) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) experts in Colorado Springs, CO. The GPS SE&I Team provides engineering, integration, technical analysis and subject matter expertise (SME) support to the US Air Force. As a member of our GPS Capabilities and Integration engineering team, you'll work in a high-paced environment with Air Force personnel and system developers to ensure GPS remains the gold standard for position, navigation and timing (PNT).
Required Skills and Education
- Develop plans to deliver and sustain PNT capabilities to billions of users around the globe
- Analyze GPS capabilities, including technical requirements, implementation plans, technical impacts of changes, and risks to success
- Pro-actively engage experts and stakeholders across the GPS Enterprise to synchronize technical and programmatic information
- Use commercial engineering and modeling tools to capture and maintain relationships between capabilities, systems, programs/projects, test events and leadership decisions
- Leverage business knowledge management tools to maintain up-to-date data repositories and communicate key information to stakeholders
- Brief senior Air Force and other Government leaders on key information ahead of GPS Enterprise decisions
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelors' Science degree in Technical, Engineering, Mathematics or similar technical degree with 12 years of relevant experience
- 9+ years s experience in systems engineering, systems integration, testing/verification, and/or large-systems acquisitions
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Comprehensive understanding of the GPS Enterprise
- Effective communicator with excellent briefing skills
- Current Interim Secret Clearance or higher
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Current Secret Clearance
- 5+ years' experience with GPS systems and concepts
- Experience authoring scripts in VBA, VBScript or Jscript
- Experience using systems engineering tools for development/analysis of requirements, architectures, models and/or designs, such as IBM DOORS, Sparx Enterprise Architect, No Magic MagicDraw/Cameo, etc.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Posting ID: 555041923Posted: 2020-05-22