Work for Indiana
Grow your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana employee, you impact the well-being of Indiana's communities every day. About Crosley Fish & Wildlife Area:
Crosley Fish and Wildlife Area is made up of 4,228 acres of rolling hills, ponds and the Muscatatuck River. Approximately 80 percent of the property is wooded. Most of the terrain is covered with steep to gently rolling hills. About seven miles of the Muscatatuck River flows through the property. The property also has 13 ponds, ranging in size from 2-14 acres. Salary Information:
This role traditionally hires at a rate of $9.46 per hour. About the Job:
As the Seasonal Property Worker, you will provide friendly customer service while ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of areas used by the general public. Property Workers assist park guests with park information and regulations. This role may focus on customer service and operational aspects depending on assignment and requirements described below. All property staff are responsible for contibuting towards the safety operations and security of property and guests. A Day in the Life:
The essential functions of this role are as follows: Laborers
work to maintain, clean and repair property buildings, grounds and facilities. Laborers perform various landscaping, mowing, and trimming of grounds; which may include firewood cutting, splitting and processing. The design and maintenance of structures, signs and recreational trails are dependent on the features of the property. Duties may include limited carpentry and plumbing.
The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time. What We're Looking For:
What You'll Need for Success:
- Candidates shall have a high school diplomaORHigh School Equivalent (HSE)OR one (1) year of work experience.
- This role should expect to work afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Individual may be required to wear a DNR provided uniform.
- May be required to travel to additional properties.
- May be required to work around potentially dangerous heavy equipment (e.g. tractors, disks, mowers, planters, etc.).
Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports:
- Individuals may experience working in potentially inclement weather.
- Individuals may experience working directly with offenders.
- May perform duties in a variety of different environments, including an office environment, field environment, rugged terrain, and various adverse weather conditions (extreme heat, cold, rain, snow, sleet, etc.).
This role does not provide direct supervision to direct reports. Benefits of Employment with the State of Indiana:
This seasonal position does not offer benefits and is limited to 180 working days in an eleven (11) month continuous period. Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current Employee? Click here to apply.