Any given position will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has been received.Due to the high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide the status on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured that your resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you are selected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.Central State Hospital (CSH) is in Milledgeville, the lake country of central Georgia and is Georgia's antebellum capital. CSH is approximately 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hours and 30 minutes from Savannah and 1 hour and 45 minutes from Augusta.Job Description/Responsibilities:
This person will be the First-Level of contact and resource for Employee Relations (ER) issues. Offers basic to advanced level ER assistance and support to employees, managers and supervisors.
- May represent HR in meetings or on Committees. Assists with offering group training sessions and 1-1 training to managers and supervisors on Employee Relations/HR topics, to include Supervisory Training and local HR/ER crash course training.
- Conducts reviews, investigations and gathers information, facts and follows up as needed to assist with ER matters (i.e. HR investigations, Grievances, etc...). May review background checks and follow-up for needed information and clarification.
- Secures approval signatures as needed. May assist with maintaining Background check files and ensuring compliance. Will be a back-up for conducting New Staff Orientation. Facilitates the Exit Survey/Interview process, reviews information, follows up as needed on issues, and makes recommendations to the HR Manager to assist with Retention and improve relations with employees.
- Handles Open Records Requests, employee requests to view Personnel Files, and special requests for information (i.e. Document Reproduction, etc...). Maintains ER and Investigations files and spreadsheets. Assists with the Performance Management process and training. Assists managers and supervisors by reviewing disciplinary and corrective action letters, as well as offering them assistance and guidance as needed.
- Prepares HR letters that are ER related and obtain appropriate signatures (i.e. separation letters, suspension letters, etc...). Monitors the Temporary Reassignment process by ensuring HR has a copy of the letters, knows the status, and handles any follow-ups that are needed, working closely with Risk Management.
- Responds to Unemployment matters and represents the office during Unemployment Hearings. Assists with Verification of Employment requests as a back-up. May assist with running and analyzing queries and reports.
- Assists HR Operations Manager and Senior HR Manager with special projects and requests as needed. Serves on the local HR Function Team as a Recorder and Member
15 days each year up to 5 years of service; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10 + years of serviceSick Leave
: accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)Holidays
: the state of Georgia recognizes 12 paid holidaysRetirement
: 401(k) plan with a matching employer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension PlanAvailable Insurance
: Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance Tax Deferred Spending Accounts
: Healthcare; Childcare We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program qualified employer. FOR THIS TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT, STATE LAW REQUIRES A NATIONAL AND STATE BACKGROUND CHECK AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.Qualifications :
Associate's degree from an accredited college or university AND Two years of experience performing personnel-related functions.
Posting ID: 555043212Posted: 2020-05-22