A Carter Components Plant Maintenance Specialist is responsible for maintaining a clean, functional facility while performing daily repairs, emergency and preventative maintenance. Inspects all machinery to ensure safety functions are working properly. A strong belief in the mission and goals of the company are necessary to this position. Requirements
- Must have prior maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Needs to be flexible and work across shifts if work requires.
- Experienced in Hvac, Electrical, and Plumbing
- Equipment maintenance requires pneumatic, hydraulic, and PLC knowledge.
- Ability to manage an electronic preventative maintenance operating system.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Grounds maintenance is also required.
- Welding and fabrication skills are recommended
- Facility Maintenance
- Ensure that all facilities, buildings and assets that are used by the company are maintained and repaired in a proper and cost-effective manner. Makes recommendations on maintenance and improvements. Prioritizes and sets goals based on importance of project that needs attention.
- Equipment Maintenance
- Responsible for maintenance on all tools and machinery at the facility. Inspects and documents the maintenance performed on equipment. Recommends orders and stocks miscellaneous spare parts for equipment in order to keep equipment running at all times.
- Adheres to safety requirements when operating tools and equipment. Ensures safety functions on equipment are operating properly. Handles material in a safe and appropriate manner. Reports any defects or safety issues immediately.
- Mechanically inclined
- Standing and/or walking for up to 4 hours consistently across a variety of surfaces
- Lifting up to 100 lbs. regularly without assistance
- Regular stooping and bending at the waist
- Occasional kneeling and crawling
- Pushing and pulling items of various weights and sizes multiple times daily
Benefits Provided (full-time employees):
- Various hand and power tools.
- Electrical tools and welding equipment.
- Personal computer with basic software.
- Outdoor equipment for groundskeeping.
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employer-matching 401(k) Plan
Posting ID: 555043213Posted: 2020-05-22