Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (some weekends, evenings, holidays)
- Under general supervision, plans, directs or coordinates therapeutic recreation programs.
- Activities include sports, gardening, dramatics, music, social activities, and arts and crafts.
- Conducts assessment of a client's condition and recommends appropriate recreational activity.
- Conducts therapy sessions to improve clients' mental and physical well-being.
- Confers with members of treatment team to plan and evaluate therapy programs.
- Develops treatment plan to meet needs of client, based on needs assessment, client interests and objectives of therapy.
- Encourages clients with special needs and circumstances to acquire new skills and get involved in health-promoting life skills and leisure activities, such as sports, games, music, arts and crafts, and gardening. Instructs client in activities and techniques, such as sports, gardening, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques, designed to meet their specific physical or psychological needs.
- Observes, analyzes, and records clients' participation, reactions, and progress during treatment sessions, modifying treatment programs as needed.
- Obtains information from medical records, medical staff, family members and the clients themselves to assess clients' capabilities, needs and interests.
- Plans, organizes, directs and participates in treatment programs and activities to facilitate clients' rehabilitation, help them integrate into the community and prevent further medical problems.
Prepares and submits reports and charts to treatment team to reflect clients' reactions and evidence of progress or regression
Bachelor's degree in a therapeutic recreation or related therapeutic discipline from an accredited college or university AND One year of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level Activity Therapist 1 (HCP060) or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require registration in the area of assignment.
Posting ID: 555043279Posted: 2020-06-12