The developer role performs analysis and defines functionality for system improvements and new applications. The position manages or leads various phases of the development, implementation, update, and maintenance of approved projects.Essential Functions
Required Education and Experience
- Participates in defining and implementing technical direction.
- Participates in selecting and implementing technical architecture of assigned projects.
- Performs or reviews systems analysis, design, programming, testing, debugging, and documentation for assigned projects. Works with support and documentation groups to provide technical and user training and manuals for new systems and major system enhancements.
- Leads or participates in process improvement.
- Design and update software database.
- Effectively works with peers, team members, and other departments.
- Participates on project teams for assigned system projects; analyzes improvements and new applications and develops requirements and specifications with team.
- Coordinates support for new development.
- Acts as key contributor on projects. Drives a project, from a technical standpoint, independently resolves issues.
- Makes significant contributions to the success of projects by applying demonstrated knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, plus two (2) years of experience in software development, minimum.
- 2+ years developing in Perl and/or C. Working knowledge of design patterns, data structures, algorithms.
- Good working knowledge of Perl programming.
- Good working knowledge of SQL Server database systems, database queries, T-SQL programming, UNIX shell scripting, SSMS.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux and Windows Operating systems.
- Familiarity with source control systems like TFS and Git.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business.
- Demonstrate ability to coordinate cross functional work teams toward task completion.
- Strong analytics skills and ownership mindset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment.
Posting ID: 555043352Posted: 2020-05-22