Currently, we are seeking a Maintenance Technician Position Summary:
The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform the repair, maintenance, restoration, and replacement of various components of the physical structure of buildings and provide assistance to the Engineers and Call Center with tasks as assigned. Essential Functions:
- Maintains good facility relations through prompt and courteous response to facility requests within the guidelines set forth by JLL and Client.
- Performs general maintenance within the building including carpentry, painting and plumbing
- Insure that work performed in facility space is accomplished with a minimum of disruption and is followed by adequate cleanup
- Review monthly facility service request summaries to pinpoint and correct recurrent operational problems
- communicate with the facility services coordinator to establish facility service request work priorities
- Ensure the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies
- Monitor the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors
- Assist engineers in other work as assigned
- Learn all central plant machinery and equipment, and building operation functions (HVAC, plumbing and electrical).
- Complies with all written JLL and regional company policies.
- Subject to call 24 hours per day and required to work in all weather conditions
Perform general Handyman tasks to maintain buildings
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hanging of art work, coat hooks and white boards as requested by facility.
- Set up desk hardware as per facility's requests.
- Set ups and breakdowns of various cafeteria and/or conference rooms tables and chairs, for meetings, parties, and other functions, as requested by the different departments.
- Pick up and move engineering deliveries to final destination.
- Support as needed Audio/Video Services.
- Furniture relocation and repair through facility
- Deliver moving boxes; breakdown and set-up of boxes.
- Work closely with contractors. Assist in providing access to machinery rooms, electric closets and other restricted areas, as assigned by the Assistant Chief Engineer or other supervisor.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in general / facilities or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Good verbal and written communications skills are required
- Completion of written documentation is required
- Computer proficiency in email, Microsoft office
- Direct the performance of general maintenance work as needed
- Oversee the efficient operation of all building systems and to inform the Lead Engineer and Operations Supervisor of any condition affecting building services and facility comfort or safety
- Physically able to operate electric hand tools, work on a ladder, carry tools, lift and carry heavy loads, operate a motor vehicle
Minimum Required Education:
- Ability to work in closed places such as closets, crawl spaces, attics, vaults, etc.
- Ability to work on roofs of buildings
- Maintain ethical, professional and courteous relations with contractors.
- Act as a team member with all employees of the management staff
JLL Privacy Notice
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Posting ID: 555043726Posted: 2020-05-22