JLL is hiring a Lead Automation / Robotics Technician to Support Amazon's State-of-the-art distribution center in Seattle, WA.
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry-leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon's distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order.We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we're looking for people like you!
The Lead Automation/Robotics Technician (AR III) will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. The AR III will be the primary responder to recover failed robot drive units and a blocked pathway. The AR III tech will perform advanced maintenance on drive units, pods, and stations. The AR III is the first responder to all robotic floor related break downs and issues.What we're looking for
Responsibilities will include
- Strong mechanical aptitude - consider past work, hobbies, training, etc to reveal the entry-level mechanic's aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise in Industrial Maintenance or Robotics
- Ambitious and eager to learn -the desire to learn Robotics - chosen candidates will be trained by the Amazon robotic company
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems to Amazon Robotic System
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot control components, photo eyes, proximity sensors, servo drives, tachs, and encoders
- Knowledge of the Ethernet communication modules.
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and direction to help them achieve their goals Ability
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
- Enter downtime data in the daily log, complete PM sheets
- Electrical, knowledge of basics components
- Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
- Tracking and storing the department's inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in the department
Operation Support & Customer Service:
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
Basic Qualifications Required
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated
- Electrical knowledge of basics components.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Automated systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of PLC programs
- PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
- Tech school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and workload
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and Amazon robots
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude
- Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
#LI JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.