General Description: Electrical installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical equipment and controls located in the interior and exterior of building. Plumbing installation, repair, and maintenance of piping and associated equipment and components located in the interior and exterior of building. Installs, repairs, and maintains mechanical/electrical operating equipment and machinery.
Regularly conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations. Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to assure the proper functioning of departmental equipment. Monitors the operation of all mechanical & electrical operating equipment.
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and monitor the operation and make adjustments of refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, emergency backup systems and hot water systems; monitors operation, adjusts, and maintains refrigeration, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; boilers, and ventilating and hot water heaters; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment.
- Requires the ability to analyze the operation of various systems, determine the cause of any problems/malfunctions and take corrective action as required. Performs preventive maintenance on all base building and critical system equipment which includes but not limited to: assembling all tools, supplies and instruments necessary to complete the job, performing work with a minimum amount disruption, conducting immediate clean up of work area, completing the preventive task sheet, returning tools to workshop, and unused supplies to store room, reporting any impending supply or material shortages to the Operations Manager or Lead Engineer of any equipment problems.
- Install and repairs plumbing/piping/tubing; wire single and three phase motors; run conduit; pull wiring to machinery, motors, operating parts, etc.; install and rebuild pumps and motors; install and rebuild air compressors; heat exchangers; replace bearings in all types of motors; replace seals on pumps; install and repair piping, valves, filters, hot water systems and associated controls; assist other mechanics and operators with major repairs and maintenance of building and equipment.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains electrical controls, switching and motor controls Monitors operation and maintains refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment; boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; recording readings as necessary to assure proper operation of equipment; responsible for reporting any problems/malfunctions.
- Maintains tools and orders supplies as required for installation and repairs. Keeps logs, documents equipment repairs, closes work orders, tracks time accurately in reports and provides timely and constant communication with the Operations Manager and Lead Engineer.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe work space. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to complete painting, carpentry, medical equipment repair and other craftsman's skills under specific infection control conditions.
- Education - High school diploma or state equivalent required, minimum of two years of related trade schooling or two years of college.
- Experience - Minimum four years' experience in electrician trade or related field or minimum four years experience in HVAC/refrigeration trade or related field or minimum four years experience in emergency backup systems ( generators, UPS, etc.).
Special knowledge and skills -
- Skilled in use of tools and machinery required by the position.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards and local codes.
Personal characteristics -
- Team player, hard worker, good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports and has excellent customer service skills.
- Familiar with computer equipment and programs.
- For internal candidates, must consistently receive a "meets expectations" job performance review.
JLL Privacy Notice
- Visually inspect machinery and buildings.
- Ability to frequently walk up and down stairs for inspections and emergency procedure practice or implementation.
- Ability to climb ladders up to 40 feet and lift 60 lbs repeatedly.
- Ability to detect emergency alarms - auditory and/or visual.
- Equipment inspections require getting on hands and knees to reach areas difficult to access.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Posting ID: 555043938Posted: 2020-05-22