JLL is hiring a Senior Automation/Robotics Technician to Support Amazon's State-of-the-art distribution center in Seattle, WA!
Are you looking for your next challenge, great pay, industry-leading benefits, and outstanding career progression? Then get ready to join the JLL team, supporting Amazon's distribution centers! We provide facility management, automation, and maintenance services in distribution centers across the U.S and Canada.
Our teams of JLL technicians, facilities managers, and administrators work together to keep fulfillment center machinery running smoothly while upholding a safe environment where all employees can thrive. As we continue to grow, our JLL facilities teams need capable people ready to keep buildings and equipment in safe working order.We have over 1,000 technicians and are planning to add 500 more skilled workers this year. If you're looking for a career that will provide a fast-paced work environment, ability to grow your career and the chance to learn from the best in the industry, then we're looking for people like you!
The Senior Automation/Robotics Technician (AR II) will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. The AR II will be the primary responder to recover failed robot drive units and a blocked pathway. The AR II tech will perform advanced maintenance on drive units, pods, and stations. The AR II is the first responder to all robotic floor related break downs and issues.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Responding to the robotic system break downs
- Complete both basic and advanced preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Basic troubleshooting of robotic drive units and software
- Logging detailed maintenance data
- Maintaining and repairing distribution center mobile racking
- Metal and wood fabrications, including welding
- Assisting, repairing, and maintaining material handling equipment
- Tracking and storing the department's inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department and DC
OPERATION SUPPORT AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer-focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Electrical knowledge of basics components.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Automated systems and controls
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of PLC programs
- PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
- Tech school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and workload
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- Robotics or electromechanical experience
- Experience with conveyors, understand the flow of the system, start, stop, and un-jam. Check zones, belt tracking, and oilier, minor repairs, PM's with assistants
- Slam, Print and Apply, able to start system and know key components with basis adjustments. Ability to repair printers adjusts photo eyes and scales
- Box Makers- start and stop load fill and change tape, know key components and make adjustments.
- Perform PM's and do basic repairs
- Knowledge of CMMS programs
- Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and client-specific robots
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude
#LI JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.