- Supervises mechanics in responding to facilities general maintenance problems in multiple areas such as carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, Landscape Services and systems. Organizes, directs and controls the daily operations of various facilities maintenance activities and projects.
- Establishes employee work schedules and assignments; procures materials; reviews and provides documentation of work progress and results.
- Coordinates daily work activities and/or projects of subordinates.
- Ensure that the mechanics are provided with proper information and materials about assignments to complete work activities in a high quality and timely fashion.
Compliance and Training
- Works with global organization on Engineering Compliance requirements
- Performs field checks and oversight activities
- Orients, trains and develops employees by establishing standards and objectives for, and evaluates the performance of employees.
- Develops material and labor cost estimates for corrective/maintenance work orders, preventative maintenance activities and/or systems and construction projects. • Establishes and maintains budget for facilities maintenance department.
- Interacts with customer personnel to coordinate work and communicate project purpose, length and potential disruptions and other conditions.
- Any and all other duties and tasks assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities - Education/training
JLL Privacy Notice
- High school diploma or equivalent. Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC
Years of relevant experience
- Experience - 5+ years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision
Skills and knowledge
- Special knowledge and skills - Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, carpentry, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation • Knowledge of all current facility code requirements and standards •
- Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office (Excel, Word) etc.
- The job requires regular operation of standard office equipment, and hand tools. The job also requires operating tools or equipment with a skill level that is typically acquired through trade or vocational school training.
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle ("JLL") is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process - including the online application and/or overall selection process - you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.
Posting ID: 555043979Posted: 2020-05-22