United States of AmericaLocation:
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE, Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn't be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers - a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn't shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way - the right way - to achieve what others can only dream of. Job Summary
This position is for a Principal Engineer, Systems Engineering (P5) to serve as primary engineering point of contact to the FVL Business Development organization, as we define and help shape the future of Army aviation.
Position can be located in multiple locations, Cedar Rapids, IA OR Richardson, TX. Job Responsibilities
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- Serve as the primary technology and systems engineering focal point for FVL Business Development.
- Provide technical direction to a small project team in planning and execution of engineering aspects of our customer contact and demo plan. This includes producing demonstration assets, developing prototypes, white papers, presentations, and demonstrations.
- Establish trusted and influential relationships with Business Development leaders, customers, and other external stakeholders.
- Outstanding communication acumen including the ability to distill technical concepts for executive customers and end users
- Operational experience (flight or mission), or experience with crew interfaces
- Expert in systems engineering and open systems architectures
- Experience in Avionics computing programs, products, and underlying technologies
- Project engineering experience
- Ability to travel domestically (up to 25% of time)
- Ability to obtain US DoD security clearance
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in the appropriate discipline and 10 years of relevant experience or an Advanced degree in the appropriate discipline and 7 years of relevant experience.In the absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience is required.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms