Critical Illness Recovery Hospital Infection Control / Employee Health NursePRN/Per Diem/As NeededCOMING SOON TO DANVILLE, KY!Who we are:
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four divisions.
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building trust.
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex patients? Do you thrive on collaboration? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us.
Responsibilities Your responsibilities:
We are looking for valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community in which you live and work, continuing to develop and welcome new ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is right.
As an Infection Control Nurse, you will plan, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the Infection Control Program while working as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Conducting ongoing surveillance.
- Collecting and interpreting data to determine specific problem areas.
- Conducting analysis of data to include risk assessment, prevention and control strategies.
- Compiling and interpreting surveillance reports to the Infection Control Committee and hospital staff.
- Directing investigations of clusters/outbreaks of hospital.
- Serving as a resource to all hospital staff on all issues related to infection control and employee health.
Qualifications How you will be successful in this environment:
You will demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Having a current state licensure as a Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- At least one (1) year of infection control experience.
- CIC Certification preferred, particularly APIC Certification.
- Possessing a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Having a positive, compassionate and customer-service oriented attitude.
We'd love for you to join our team!
Posting ID: 555159926Posted: 2020-05-25