With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com. SUMMARY
The ideal candidate will possess an advanced level of knowledge in network and security technologies supporting a large multi-site multi-vendor converged network environment. They will need to have extensive experience in designing complex network strategies that align to both business and security requirements, continuously assessing all areas of the environment to ensure service levels are met or exceeded. They must possess excellent communication skills and can discuss complex technical detail at a level appropriate to the audience. They must have a positive attitude and a willingness to put in the extra effort to deliver quality data services to the Apria enterprise user base.
.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee integration and support of the local and wide area networks, including the design, development, testing and implementation within Apria's branches and data centers.
- Responsible for design of all enterprise routing strategies in a multi-protocol environment.
- Design and implementation of traffic shaping and QOS policy to ensure delivery of data for business-critical applications.
- Work closely with enterprise security team to maintain a security profile in compliance with defined standards and develop remediation strategies in response to identified deficiencies or active threats.
- Monitor and track network performance to ensure WAN/LAN and Wireless network capacity is aligned with business requirements.
- Collaborate with the Telecom engineering team in support of Cisco Enterprise UCC infrastructure.
- Create and maintain network documentation including technical drawings and SOP's.
- Coordinate with vendors to research, evaluate, and provide recommendations for network related tools and emerging network technologies.
- Participate in strategic planning sessions and make recommendations to management for new technologies and technical strategies.
- Participate in rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONSEducation and/or Experience
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIESComputer Skills
- Education or experience equivalent to a four year college degree.
- Minimum 6-8 years' experience in supporting a large multi-platform local and wide area network environment.
- Extensive operation's experience with enterprise/carrier class routers and switches and next generation firewalls (Cisco, Brocade, Checkpoint)
- Advanced experience in design and support of complex multi-protocol routing environments.
- Experience in cloud based architecture and migration strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise network security practices specific to the Healthcare industry.
- Ability to produce and maintain design and process documentation for presentation and operational support reference.
- Experience utilizing network monitoring tools to diagnose network performance issues.
- Experience in working with carriers to provision and troubleshoot data services.
- Microsoft Windows and office platform (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Designer and drawing (Visio)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONSCertificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Ability explain complex technical detail to a mixed audience from Executive to IT
- Cisco CCNP/CCIE
- Cisco UCC VOIP
- Brocade BCNE
- Checkpoint CCSA,
- Cisco Security, CISSP
- Infoblox Gridmaster and IPAM administration
- Bluecoat Internet Proxy
- F5 and Netscaler load balancers
- Solarwinds administration.
- ITIL V3.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable). WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The physical demands described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available (including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k)Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare! Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability and 401(k). Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet