Front Desk Agents are responsible for greeting and registering the guest providing outstanding guest service during their stay and settling the guest's account upon completion of their stay. Primary responsibilities include: registering guests making and modifying reservations hotel operator and concierge duties. Providing attentive courteous and efficient service to all guests prior to arrival and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Guest Service Agents must possess a positive and upbeat personality with a desire to deliver outstanding customer service to our guests.
- Guest Service Agents must have the ability to multi-task be detail-oriented and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard and ensure that all Aimbridge Hospitality performance standards are met.
- Handle requests for information mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel service facilities and hours of operation.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants transportation entertainment etc.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
- Follow all Aimbridge Hospitality credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates packages and special promotions; Be familiar with all in house groups; Be aware of closed out and restricted dates.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow rate quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required.
- Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Associates must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and all other associates.
- Ensure logging and delivery of packages mail and messages as needed to guests and meeting rooms.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Houston Westchase hotel is located off of Beltway 8 and Westheimer Road in Houston, Texas. Just minutes from shopping, restaurants and entertainment, our renovated Marriott hotel offers everything travelers need for an energizing hotel stay. They can take in an event at nearby Toyota Center, NRG Stadium and Minute Maid Park, explore the exhibits at the Houston Zoo & Aquarium, and indulge themseleves with the shopping and cuisine options at the Citycentre Plaza. For those in town for business, we're close to many of the major companies located in Houston, including Schlumberger, Halliburton and MD Anderson Cancer Center. Guests of our hotel can stay in touch with free WiFi, and enjoy access to our indoor pool and 24 hour fitness center. Breakfast is on us each morning! With many healthy hot and cold options, our complimentary breakfast is sure to please any visitor.
Explore new opportunities with Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
Posting ID: 555160777Posted: 2020-06-29