You are applying for work with a franchisee of The Krystal Company, not The Krystal Company or any of its affiliates. If hired, the franchisee will be your only employer. Franchisees are independent business owners who set their own wage and benefit programs that can vary among franchisees
Assistant General ManagerJob Description
The Assistant General Manager supports the General Manager in directing the daily operations of a Krystal restaurant in support of the Brand Vision, Mission and Promise while role modeling Krystal's Core Values. The Assistant General Manager assists in ensuring the compliance with company standards in all areas of operations to include; product preparation and delivery, customer service, facilities maintenance and financial accountability. This role accomplishes these objectives by assisting the General Manager in actively selecting, training and coaching the A+ talent to achieve key results in People, Customer, Sales and Profit.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:People:
- Demonstrate the Krystal Core Values while assisting the General Manager in building high performing employees when selecting, training, retaining and recognizing A+ talent utilizing Krystal's tools and processes.
- Executes the Performance Management process consistently to ensure employees are set up for success and held accountable.
- Partners with the General Manager to ensure resolution to all employee relation activities and maintaining legal compliance in the restaurant.
- Works a schedule to ensure that all day parts are being observed, i.e. breakfast, lunch, dinner, overnight and weekends
- Drives customer-focused culture by serving as a role model in resolving serious customer issues and partnering with the General Manager to train employees to meet or exceed customer service standards.
- Coaches, drive excellence, recognize and assist the General Manager in holding all shifts accountable around core operational procedures through the use of the OSM and Company systems.
- Assists the General Manager in creating schedules and completing inventory orders.
- Ensures that food safety standards are met through direct observation while running their shifts.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Partners with the General Manager to ensure that restaurant level plan and marketing initiatives are in place and being implemented Profit:
- Partners with the General Manager to analyze sales, labor, inventory and controllables on a continual basis and takes specific corrective action to meet or achieve margin and sales growth targets.
- Assists the General Manager in ensuring that the store is within compliance of Federal/State/Local requirements.
- The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
- Servsafe Certification required within 6 months after hire date
- Minimum of one year experience in restaurant operation, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Systems & Software - proficient level knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends.
- May be required to travel to other locations, e.g. transfer to other stores, bank, meetings as business dictates
- Customer Focused- Recognizes the customer as the primary focus and acts accordingly; sets a high standard for exceeding customer expectations and motivates the team by role modeling effective service behaviors.
- Communication- Effectively interacts with all members of the team; encourages open and honest communication throughout the store.
- Team Player- Encourages cooperation to accomplish team goals; promotes a respectful and inclusive work environment.
- Problem-Solving- Generates workable, rational solutions while maintaining decisiveness and an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Adaptability- Adapts well to changes in assignments and priorities; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles. Approaches change positively and adjusts behaviors accordingly.
- Typing/computer keyboard
- Utilize computer software (specified above)
- Retrieve and compile information
- Maintain records/logs
- Verify data and information
- Organize and prioritize information/tasks
- Operate office equipment
- Verbal communication
- Written communication
- Public speaking/group presentations
- Research, analyze and interpret information
- Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
- Leadership and supervisory, managing people
- Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
- Sitting for extended periods
- Standing for extended periods
- Extended periods viewing computer screenvWalking
- Lifting/carrying more than 20 pounds various items
- Repetitive Motions
- Normal office environment
- Electrical current
- Housekeeping and/or cleaning agents
- I have reviewed and understand the requirements stated in this Job Description.
Posting ID: 555160942Posted: 2020-04-06