1. Oversees vendors bringing merchandise in and out of store. Receives, checks, counts and records all incoming merchandise and checks outgoing merchandise to be returned to vendors. Compares identifying information and verifies counts or weight of incoming merchandise against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
2. Ensures product is in saleable condition. Rejects damaged items, records shortages and enters data or merchandise received into the system for proper billing. Also responsible for reducing damaged merchandise within store.
3. Plays major role in shrink reduction through minimizing waste and damages, taking care of damaged or distressed merchandise according to established company procedures and ensuring receiving procedures are properly followed and enforced.
4. Is responsible for backroom security and work area organization. Maintains records used for tracking store inventories.
5. Keeps work area clean to comply with established health and sanitation requirements. Maintains and follows company safety standards and ensures that equipment used for receiving and moving merchandise to storage or sales floor is in safe operating condition.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
7. May assist Non-Perishable Manager with baling cardboard (must be over 18 years of age and properly trained training provided) or other related duties. May work in other departments as needed.
Previous experience preferred.
Posting ID: 555160981Posted: 2020-06-15